background

Thursday, November 04, 2010

Chandelier Hunting

jazmine_sml2.jpg


Been on the look out for lighting for my house.  In the process I have discovered how much I adore chandelier stores!  They are always locally owned, small spaces packed full of shiny, beautiful objects.  When I go into one I feel like I am being transported back to Paris.  Here in Oklahoma City some of my favorites have been Lillian Strickler Lighting, Mockingbird Manor, and two stores on Britton Road, unfortunately I forget their names at the moment.  And then I have discovered two outstandingly gorgeous designers in other states.  In California (now Idaho) is Chandi Design.  And out of New Orleans is Julie Neill.  MY GOODNESS!  Their work is beautiful!  Just thought I'd write down this little love affair I am having right now.  I go to bed dreaming of chandeliers and wake up with them as the first thought in my mind.



2 comments:

Rebecca said...

thank you for posting this! I am looking for a chandelier for our house too! I will have to check out these stores! cant wait to see what you have picked. When do you move in?

Rebecca said...

Thank you for posting this! I am looking for a chandelier too, and I needed some store ideas! I will check out these store you posted as well. Cant wait to see what you picked!